Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hospice fundraiser choir concert

So, I am in the church choir...sort of hilarious, I know. They needed a top soprano, how could I resist? It is actually lots of fun, because "church choir" in Africa means drums and dances and cool rhythms. Yesterday was a big fundraiser concert for the hospice program at Selian (the hospital I work at). It was spectacular, hundreds of people from choirs across Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda met up to sing and raise money for the program. First, we all walked outside and did this awesome procession into the church:

Somehow they all knew the words to this beautiful Swahili song.
Below, a picture of some of the choir members and me in our sweet choir polos:


From left: Chrisanne (Med/Peds resident from MN), Jennie (occupational therapist from Australia), Linda Jacobson (Dr. Jacobson's wife, who has lived in Arusha for 25 years), and me.

The best choir of the day was the "Girls Choir Makumira":

Of course, they're adorable too.


No comments:

Post a Comment