Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Obama pics and other randoms

Tanzanians love Obama. They have images of him everywhere, so I thought I’d show a couple of my favorites:

A mural of Obama running (don’t know why?) on a shop in our neighborhood. (“Wachoraji “ is just the name of the store.)

Obama painted on the back of a dalla-dalla, the ubiquitous East African taxi/mini-busses.

This one is probably the best: Obama across this lady’s backside (she was one of the Masai patients from our outreach clinics in the bush).

A couple other random pictures:

Chiquita banana lady right outside our house

A Masai tribesman making his shoes from tires (I tried some on, they are hard to balance in and pretty uncomfortable!)

1 comment:

  1. I have a picture of the Obama Wachoraji advertisement in my collection from when I was there too!

    ReplyDelete